A Real Detroit Sports Opinion

Here you will find the most common sense approach to sports transactions, rankings, and news

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kevin Smith say's that he gonna run angry.

   RB Kevin Smith last year's season didn't live up to the expectations of Detroiters, only rushing for 747 yards and 4 touchdowns opposed from 976 yards and 8 touchdowns in his rookie year. Smith says that he is disgusted by his sophomore game film. Smith says that he feels everyone is looking down on him because of his poor sophomore season, but uses that as motivation. "I'm running angry and playing with a controlled, angry pace. That's when I'm at my best, when people tell me I can't do it", says Smith.
    
    Thats not the only thing that Smith has been trying to work on, Smith told reporters "I've got to lift weights so I can last longer. I'll also have to get in the cold tub if I want my legs to feel better". Lifting weights is very important for Smith because he was known as a power runner and for his ability to break tackles in college. What might help Smith, is his weight, he was 10 pounds heavier his rookie year than last years season. He prefers being lighter, saying that his weight wasn't a factor in his performance last year.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully he will condition himself because he HAS the FULL POTENTIAL of being a great Running Back.........You are such a intelligent young writer Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no fan of Kevin Smith he doesn't have the power to be a premier back in the NFL even if he added those 10 lbs. and his speed is not impressive either he's a good second stringer though.

    ReplyDelete